Pages

IPL Cricket and Bomb Blast

April 17th was a lucky day for me. I had been to IPL match between Royal Challengers and Mumbai Indians in Bangalore. This was my first ever cricket match seen live in the stadium. Most of my favorite players like Dravid, Sachin, and Kallis were playing in that match.


The stadium was completely occupied with almost 40,000 people waiting for their favorite cricket players playing cricket. I was occupied in the RC Fan Terrace stand and the entry to the stand is from Gate13. This stand is vertical to the Pitch and that was a nice view to watch the game.

17042010(015) 17042010(027) DSCN0338 DSCN0341
I was all set in my seat and the match is supposed to start at 4PM. All the players were practicing in the ground and entire stadium suddenly started making a huge noise, when I looked into the ground I saw Sachin walking to wards the practice area. What a man! Sachin was waving his hands toward the crowd. I was surprised to see Sachin Tendulkar live in front of me and that’s a dream come true for me.

Now the time was 3:45PM, both the captains came to the ground with Sunil gavaskar for the toss. Suddenly I heard a Huge Noise in the back side area of my stand, Oh My God that was a Bomb blast. The Low Impact bomb got blasted next to my stand.

 People in the stadium didn’t react to the bomb blast as every one was busy watching their favorite player in the ground. All of sudden I saw the message in the screen saying the match is delayed. Damn! This was very frustrating to me as I was very eager to watch my first ever cricket match live in the stadium.

All of sudden, security people and police personals came towards the ground. Bomb diffuse squad came to the ground and diffused other bombs kept near other gates of the stadium. Finally police gave the clearance for the match. The Match started 1Hr lately and I really enjoyed both the teams playing very nicely.

Hmmmm, I still can’t believe I was sitting near to a Bomb. What if the Bomb is huge and can cause huge impact? There were 40,000 people in the stadium. It was really luck that nobody got hurt. This clearly shows the level of security police has to take in this cases.

No comments:

Post a Comment