Pages

E-mail scams on Lottery Promotion

Well for me and most of you this is an old story. Lottery promotion e-mails are delivered to most of the inboxes saying you have won xxxxx dollars/pounds etc. This is a scam e-mail and has to be simply deleted. Some time back I got a similar e-mail saying I have won one million British pounds. The e-mail had an attachment which requested my personal details like date of birth, address and bank account numbers.

I heard in news that some people got cheated in similar way and people lost their money because of these kinds of scam e-mails. I was about to simply delete the e-mail but I changed my thought and wanted to check how this guys try to cheat people. So I replied back to that e-mail showing interest to claim the amount. I sent only my name and phone number as I don’t want to share my date of birth and bank account numbers.


The next day I got a call from Delhi; the person introduced himself as an agent from Aussie Lottery Company and came to Delhi for delivering me the winning amount. He said I need to come to Delhi to claim the amount and also told me that he is going to send me the flight tickets for the same. I said OK and asked me to send the flight tickets to my e-mail address and hang up the call.



The Next day I got the call from the same person and I told him that I haven’t received any tickets. He told me that there is a problem in transferring money from Australia to India as the lottery company requested a security deposit of 50,000 Rs. He said he don’t have cash to deposit the money and there will be in delay for me to get the money.

 After some time the person said to me that if I can deposit 50,000 Rs to his account he will clear the problem and help me in getting the lottery amount as soon as possible.I asked him to come to Bangalore to take the money which he dint agree and stopped calling me again.
Uuuuufffffff; Now enough of reading this story. I got to know the trick how these guys cheat people by asking money. Innocent people think this is true and fall in their net and get cheated.

Please be aware that their is no such lottery agency which promotes the winning process over e-mails. Please delete these kind if e-mails immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment